Friday, February 12, 2010

Another Reminder That God Is In Control

On our way home from church one Wednesday night towards the end of January I began having some pains on the left side of my stomach. They were not very strong and I just assumed Addilyn had shifted and was pressing on something. However, when we got home, I went to the restroom and I was bleeding pretty heavily. We spoke with my doctor and he suggested I rest with my feet up for awhile and then check to see if the bleeding had slowed down. I was to go immediately to the hospital if the bleeding was still heavy but if it had slowed I was encouraged to rest until the morning and then go into the office as soon as they opened the next day. As I was laying on the couch, my lower left side of my back started to have a piercing pain; however, after checking again it was obvious that the bleeding had slowed down. Praise the Lord! I cautiously took a shower and got ready for bed. As soon as I laid down in bed Addilyn started shifting around. She was kicking harder than she ever had before and I was SO thankful. I have never felt relief sweep over me like it did in that instant.

First thing the next morning we went to the doctor. They did several different ultrasounds, a stress test, heart rate checks, tests to check for contractions and preterm labor, and a few other things. Everything looked good! They were unable to determine what had caused the bleeding and it did not seem that I was having any preterm contractions; however, they want me to continue monitoring everything. They gave me another Rhogam shot and told me to rest for the next few days.

Once again, I was reminded that I’m not in control. Only God is, and he works all things together for the good of those who love him. So, praise the Lord for His sovereignty and for yet again pouring out tons of grace and mercy on our family. Praise Him for allowing my body to heal and for allowing Addilyn to continue to grow and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment