Monday, August 31, 2009

Sesame Seed sized lessons from God

So, Josh and I are finally starting to realize that we’re not dreaming. We really are going to having a baby!  We are just beside ourselves with excitement and can’t seem to stop smiling.  I am so thankful that the Lord is working this great miracle in me right now!  If we had not found out when we did, it would not have taken long…  Lately, I have been exhausted to the point of embarrassment.  So far, I have fallen asleep on the hardwood floor at a friend’s house amidst a group playing Rock Band, on the church floor as our band practiced for the upcoming weeks, and other random places that one would normally find quite uncomfortable.  I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with a flexible schedule so I can take naps on lunch breaks and rest in the evenings. It absolutely amazes me that something the size of a sesame seed can drain your energy so much.  I was reading in a book that when a pregnant woman (in her first trimester) is sleeping her body is working harder than a non-pregnant woman is while mountain climbing.  Amazing!  On another note, last Friday Josh and I went out on a date night and it was the first time food was not my friend.  Since then, I have had to avoid several smells (including the broccoli salad at our churches membership meeting).  All of these things would normally not bring joy to someone, but I just can’t help to get excited, because I know the Lord preparing a little one in my womb.

Psalm 139:13-14  -  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

3 comments:

  1. I have never been so tired in my life as I was in my first trimester- it's unbelievable! I had the thing with smells too- I could hardly eat meat all of my first trimester b\c I couldn't stand smelling it while it was being cooked! It's absolutely amazing though knowing that all of that is happening for a reason!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been amazed at your joy. I rejoice with you for our child. Our God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how drained you feel, especially that first trimester. Thankfully you get some of your energy back after the first three months. We are so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete